Monday, March 22, 2010

Rock of Ages

It was the best title I could come up with....I have been somewhat M.I.A for the last few days...my dad is very ill and I have been in the throws of an emotional turmoil.
It is something that every aging adult must face....as we approach our 20th class reunion obviously our parents are 20 years older....as we were 18 and now we are 38....our parents were 40-50 and now they are 60-70.
Now my parents were young when I was born and my dad is all of 58 and very healthy ( until some unfortunately events from surgery complications) and active. I do not consider my Dad OLD....I do NOT consider MYSELF OLD...therefore I should not be contemplating the "what if my Dad passes away"!!
Now...that is somewhat selfish of me as I know some of my classmates have lost a parent already at a much younger age...I understand.....
And as we either cheer or boo for the current healthcare reform acts and issues...remember the the baby boomer generation that will be using this "reform", are our parents AND make up the largest population group in this country AND make up the largest group of doctors and nurses in the country.....were did I get my stats?? look it up its out there.....
Point....hug your kids...they are the ones that will be taking care of you.....call your parent(s)...no matter how many times they marry & divorce....you really only get 1 mom 1 DAD....

No comments:

Post a Comment