Thursday, March 18, 2010

You never know where you will meet a Kewpie...

My Dad recently had surgery at the University Hospital and Clinics in Columbia and was in the ICU for several days. Naturally with the Sinclair School of Nursing and the University there is a virtual ocean of students from every corner of the world.
One particular student nurse he had for several days asked if I was from Columbia...when I replied...the next question from her was as spontaneous as I remember it used to be....."Hickman or Rickbridge?" I proudly answered KEWPIE!!! So was she!!!
Bless her sweet little self...I had to tell her about our endeavours to plan a 20 year class reunion.....she smiled and told me that she was the "class of 2005"....Which to me echoed the reminder this nice Florence Nightingale was born sometime during my freshman year at Oakland or my sophomore year at Hickman....um.....WOW~!!
The only things that this much younger lady and I had in common were teachers...
  • I had Mr. Brooks for Chemistry.....so did she.
  • I had Ms. Kenninger for English.....so did she.
  • I had Mrs. Grupe for World History...so did she.
  • I had Coach (Mr.) Mirts for Algebra.......she had him for golf.
  • I had Mr. Grupe for American History....I believe he is now the principle.

Glad to know that some things never change......................

No comments:

Post a Comment